This is an old post, as an example of a not so great post.
The shitstorm that was 2020
I had a lot of plans for 2020, mainly personal and some business. Something happened in March that caused our entire country of Ireland to enter a lockdown. This something that happened meant I ended up stuck in an apartment built for two people, there was four of us, shit internet, and a little depressed (poor me). Anyway due to this whole lockdown we’re all forced to adapt, which we did and pushed on. Sad, boring story over here is what what well and what did not in 2020.
What went well
- I didn’t die 👍
- I got promoted to a mid-level developer at Teamwork.com 🎉
- My partner and I got mortgage pre-approval 🎉
- My partner and I saved a tonne of money 💰 (mainly because we couldn’t do anything due to lockdown)
- I started driving 🚗
- I started a new band 🎸
What did not go well
- Our mortgage approval took a lot longer to get than expected 🕒
- We didn’t buy a house yet 🏠
- In the last days of 2020 we’re going into lockdown again 🔒
- I released 0 side projects 😢
Trying to make 2021 better
So 2020 wasn’t the best year but it was okay. I’m hoping to make 2021 just a little bit better, small steps towards bigger goals. I’ve set a few goals for myself this year to address some of the things that didn’t go well last year.
- Release at least 4 products of some sort. These can be simple pay once downloads using Gumroad, SAAS or physical products. Whatever it is, I want to release at least 4 products to make up for not releasing any side projects in 2020! I’ll add a section to this website to display the status of these products soon. 📈
- Increase my take home pay to be at least €3K after tax, we pay 20% up to 35K-ish, and 40% of the remainder in Ireland. My take home pay is fine right now, but it would be nice to have some extra to invest in our future. I plan to do this by increasing my salary in my job and with side projects. 💰
- Buy a house (thats the plan anyway, if the right house for the right price comes along) 🏠
- Get healthier. I love that I work from home now, no more commuting 2 hours each way on busses. That said I’m in doors a lot. I’m hoping to get outside a bit more, exercise, track my weight and eat healthier. 💪`